35 Free Social Media Resources For SMB Owners & Managers
Social media is fast-paced, intense, and challenging.
Small business owners have enough on their plate, and time is at a premium. Here’s an excellent list of free resources to make getting the most out of your social media channels a lot easier:
1. NAP Audit: The absolute fastest way to ensure that search engines and directories are cataloguing your business correctly and listing your information locally without errors. Are your customers being given the wrong contact information about you? Are search engines believing you have multiple personalities and locations? There can be thousands of places that have wrong information posted about your business without your knowledge. Get this free Name/Address/Phone audit and clean up the mess fast.
2. Headline Analyzer: Analyze how effective your ad will be at reaching your customers emotionally, a key component of creating sales. This tool will determine which of the following emotions will be impacted the most: intellectual, spiritual or empathetic.
3. Optimizely: Provides A/B split testing for headlines on any device and across the web. You can even test which variations of images and headlines generate the best results.
4. Coschedule: Gives a quality score than determines your blog post headline’s ability to result in social shares. Tool also provides a quality score that ranks your headline’s ability to add value to your SEO and increase traffic.
5. Portent: Portent will generate ideas for social content on any subject you enter. Use their idea generator to help you write blog posts, create fresh memes or develop new videos.
6. Hubspot Blog Topic Generator: This blog topic generator will provide a week’s worth of blog titles within seconds after you fill in three fields with topics you’d like to write about.
7. National Day Calendar: Never miss another National Day celebration. Every single day has something new being celebrated, use this tool to give you ideas on tying in your offers and promotions.
8. PostCreator: Upload an image, insert a message and add your logo to generate a branded image you can use on your social networks.
9. Optimize Book: Editorial calendar includes topic, targeted audience, day to post, keywords, tags, social topics and social networks being used.
10. Brett Snyder: Simple editorial calendar with subject, key elements, sources, working title, complementary assets, focus keywords, and promotional strategy.
11. EditFlow WordPress plugin: Handy tool that makes it easy for your team to collaborate using WordPress. Edit Flow includes a calendar, custom statuses, editorial comments and several other useful features.
12. Canva: Use their handy pre-sized templates to create your own professional looking social media images. Simple drag and drop features, choose from hundreds of free stock images and fonts.
13. Pablo: Includes a huge library of 50,000+ royalty-free photos, or upload your own images. With its many cool fonts, ability to include your own logo or create a watermark and apply effects, this handy online tool will be one to use again and again
14. PicMonkey: This tool allows you to edit pictures and designs, add text to images and resize images. Fairly easy to use., PicMonkey offers plenty of free features.
15. Recite: Create quote images in minutes with this handy tool. Enter your quote then choose from the various images generated.
16. imgflip Meme Generator: Thousands of popular images available – simply type your own caption, resize the text if you need to and click to generate your meme.
17. Avidemux: Free video editor designed for simple editing tasks like cutting, filtering and encoding.
18. Windows Movie Maker: Video editor included as part of the Windows Essential software package included with modern versions of Windows. Very easy to learn; has many excellent features beyond the basics.
19. Lightworks: The video editing tool so powerful that it’s been used to help produce Hollywood features! Lightworks Free gives you full editing abilities plus built-in export to their preferred upload partner Vimeo.
20. WeVideo: Upload directly to YouTube, connect to different social networks and grab video clips, mobile video editing. Comes with 5G of cloud storage.
21. Ad Parlor: Create ad mockups so you can preview ads before you create your campaigns for Facebook or Twitter. Allows users to verify specs for all of the ad spaces available on Facebook and Twitter without logging in first.
22. Banner Ads Creator: Create your ads in minutes, just click through each step, choosing the options you want to include. Simple tool makes creating ads for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube fast and easy.
Tracking and Analyzing
23. Hubspot Marketing Grader: Add your website address to the form and in seconds you receive a full report on how your marketing efforts are progressing. This grader gives you a score for SEO, mobile, lead generation and social media blogging.
24. Quick Sprout: This tool analyzes your Google Analytics data and provides a report to help you improve the quality of your content.
25. AdEspresso’s Campaign Rater: Helps optimize your Facebook ads and get a better understanding of your key metrics. You can compare your ad performance with your industry’s metrics.
26. Uprank: This is an advanced research tool that analyzes your social media in addition to your website’s architecture, mobile responsiveness, SEO and user experience. Generate a list of comprehensive tasks to improve and streamline your digital marketing strategy.
Social Media Management
27. Latergram: This reminder tool helps you schedule, upload and manage your Instagram posts from your desktop, tablet, iPad or Android.
28. SocialRank: Sort and filter your followers on Twitter and Instagram. You can identify, organize, and manage your followers to find out which of them are the most engaged.
29. Spruce: Choose from millions of free images to make Twitter ready images in seconds. Just type your message, pick the perfect photo and automatically get your beautiful custom image perfectly sized for Twitter.
30. Riffle: Use this tool to quickly and easily find and connect with Twitter social influencers and get Twitter interest, engagement and activity analytics in real time, which allows you to engage with influencers at the time they are active on Twitter.
31. Hootsuite: This popular tool lets you manage all of your social networks from one place. You can use Hootsuite to schedule updates, engage your audience, grow your brand and analyze your data.
Stock Images and Videos
32. Mazwai: Free creative commons video clips and footage in high definition. Just choose your video, download and save. The video license requires you to credit the video producer.
33.Unsplash: You can choose from thousands of free high-res photos, with ten fresh new photos added every day, and no restriction on how you can use them.
34. Picography: Great images with amazing quality. No restriction on how you can use the photos.
35. New Old Stock: Terrific collection of vintage photos from various public archives. All photos are free of copyright restrictions.